cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint backup job failed, status 71.

Gautier_Leblanc
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

Just to share my issue and the solution.

I had a SharePoint farm with 2 servers : one for IIS, second for SQL. I configured my SharePoint Backup under NBU 7.5.0.4 as requested in Netbackup For SharePoint Admin Guide.

I launched my backup, 3 jobs were created : parent, SQL data (on SQL Server), dans Global Settings and Search (on IIS server). SQL job finished with status code 0, IIS jobs finished with satus 71.

I searched a lot in docs, forum, without answers... and... I found this TECH195147 about code 1 under SharePoint. I thought that it was not same problem but it was... For the same issue, you have code 1 if your SharePoint server is SQL and IIS, and if you have 2 different servers, IIS job will return status code 71.

So, I have created this post for people who search "sharepoint 71" :)

Regards

PS : Sorry for my english :\

3 REPLIES 3

watsons
Level 6

Thanks for sharing, it's always a good practice to check the hostname resolution.

Gautier_Leblanc
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hostname resolution was "perfect" with network stuffs (ping, nslookup <hostname>, nlsookup <IP>)...

But SharePoint was configured with short name, so, half of NetBackup jobs failed because of FQDN usage and internal SharePoint backup mecanisms that not allows it.

Ruchi
Level 5
Employee Certified

We can use bpclntcmd commands provided below to check and ensure name resolution is working fine for Netbackup.

Unix : /usr/openv/netbackup/bin
Windows : Veritas\netbackup\bin

bpclntcmd -pn
bpclntcmd -self
bpclntcmd -hn <Client Short Name>
bpclntcmd -hn <Client fully qualified domain name >
bpclntcmd -ip <Client Server ip