cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint 2003

Eric_HARTMANN
Level 3
Anyone have try to backup sharepoint 2003 with NB6 MP1 ?
If yes, can you share your experience, please ?
9 REPLIES 9

Vince_Corona
Level 4
No luck here. Tried it all - set the service account that NetBackup runs under on the client to a domain admin, etc - no joy.

I'm equally curious in your replies you get.

Eric_HARTMANN
Level 3
In fact, I think that nobody backup Sharepoint 2003 with NB6 or waiting for MP2 !

Lance_Hoskins
Level 6
I'm backing up SharePoint 2001 servers with NBU6.0MP1, but not w/out some struggles. First I called tech support, but by the time they got me an answer I was calling them back with the answer! What errors are you getting?

Anyhow, the catch to ours was taking that ID that has access to the SP database and rather than running the service on the local SharePoint machine as that account, bring that account information back into the NBU client properties screen under the SharePoint 2003 options (Client Properties-->Windows Client-->SharePoint 2003). Then you can set the client service back to running as the Local System account.

Not knowing your error, this is all the advice I can give right now. We personally are struggling with the scheduling piece of the backup. If I kick them off manually, they work like a charm. If I let the schedule initiate the job, I get error 69. Let me know if this helps!

Eric_HARTMANN
Level 3
In fact, NB6 MP1 can't backup "Document Libraries" from native Sharepoint 2003 ! like with Sharepoint 2001.

If "Ducument Libraries" are migrated from Sharepoint 2001 to 2003, NB6 can do it !!!.

I had confirmation from support and in "VERITAS NetBackup� 6.0 Release Impact Bulletin" page 20.

I'm waiting for MP2 ;)

AKopel
Level 6
Eric,
Have you heard for sure if document level backups will be supported in MP2? or are you just hoping?

Sergio_Sousa_2
Level 2
I have the same problem: I can backup sites and configurations but no libraries. On the BAR utility I don't see any libraries under sharepoint tree. Trying to backup from server it doesn't recognize the file list.

I'm just checking out with my customer if they have migrated Sharepoint 2001 or if it is a new SP2003 setup.

About the schedule problem. I was thinking that maybe that occurs because you changed the service user to the local system account. And probably when you start it manually you are using a SP administrator account. Is that correct?

Lance_Hoskins
Level 6
When trying to backup SharePoint with 6.0, all servers must be upgraded to 6.0 prior to backing up SharePoint (i.e. the master, media and client servers). That could explain why you don't have the SharePoint options in Client Properties.

As for the scheduling problem... I run the manual backups from my master server, but not with the ID that would have access to the SharePoint database. I have tried changing the service account back on the client, but get the same results. I have a ticket in with support...

Eric_HARTMANN
Level 3
Support tell me that certainely the problem will resolve in MP2 ;)
Wait & See ...

Eric_HARTMANN
Level 3
Unresolved in MP2 perhaps in MP3 (I like this song)
wait & see ;)