cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint GRT backup policy retry attempt setting

HPosenRU
Level 4

I encountered an issue yesterday in my environment which caused the Full Sharepoint GRT backup to fail and then retry. However it kept retrying (over 25 times with errors / emails for each attempt) until it finally succeeded. Is there a setting for the number of retry attempts?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, I meant Global Attributes (not Properties), where you have it set to 3 tries per 12 hours. I don't know why you get 25 retries in a short time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Lowell_Palecek
Level 6
Employee

The number of backup retries is a master server host configuration setting, on the General screen.

Lowell,

Can you be a little more specific as I am not sure what you mean by the general screen? If I go to the Master server properties the only section with General in the name is the General Server which doesn't have anything for retries. There is a Global Properties section that has how many retires per X hours (which I have set to 3 per 12 hours which doesn't explain the many retries I encountered in a short period of time).

Regards,

Herb

Sorry, I meant Global Attributes (not Properties), where you have it set to 3 tries per 12 hours. I don't know why you get 25 retries in a short time.