cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint WSS backups in 6.5.3

mikhael47
Level 3
Partner

I am backing up a Windows Sharepoint Services site with NB 6.5.3.  The client is Windows 2008 x64 VM image, the Master and Media are both on a Red Hat EL 5.1 x64 machine.

When I back the "whole farm" up (i.e. not doing individual documents) the system backs up fine.  When I select a full backup routine to a disk unit.  I get a red circle with a cross through it on every individual file in the archive.  I can not restore those files.  See attachment

Is there anything I am doing wrong? What are you doing for backups and restores for this type of environment?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner

There is a problem with Windows 2008 x64 because there is no NFS package for this system, so GRT doesn't work. I've got this information from support.

marekk

Kerry_LeRoy
Level 3

There is a problem with Windows 2008 x64 because there is no NFS package for this system, so GRT doesn't work. I've got this information from support.

marekk

The restore needs to be run from the client (Front End server) in the SharePoint farm. That is why you have the red circle.  It appears that this is fixed in 6.5.4.
Kerry

mikhael47
Level 3
Partner
I have actually been working with support on the issue.  The client side restores bomb the client.  I will post when we find a solution

mikhael47
Level 3
Partner
Working with support, we ended up trying some newer binaries they have in the 6.5.4 train.  These seem to work perfectly on my system.

The problem wasn't with NFS as there is NFS with Win 2k8 64.