cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing drives between two NB Domains

salew
Level 2
Hello !
I have two libraries with two drives each on (there is no partition option). I have two active NB domains in two lokalization. There is SAN network (only for libraries) so NB server could see drives from NB server from second lokalization) Server from first lok. has SSO=4 so I wonder if it is possible to use drive (by server in first lok.)  from library which is controled by second NB server ? I would like to copy data for example in first lok. and send it to sec. lokalization. I wonder how NB server from first lok. would control library arm in sec. lokalization ? Second library is used with two drives by second NB server.

2 REPLIES 2

zippy
Level 6
It wont work, why would you want to do this anyhow, buy another library or backup the two domains on the one server.

Message Edited by James Dunn on 04-18-2008 12:15 PM

salew
Level 2
Hi !
There is SAN but very poor so I can not share disk storage I use it only for sharing tape drives. So I can not configure NB server in HA cluster. I don't want to buy  something  to  async. replication of  file system too, but I would like to make my environment save.
I have two different domain with NB servers and two libraries. Sharing drives of second library would be used to make copy of data. NB server would write backups of clients in first library and at the same time to second library in sec. location. In case of disaster of my first location I still be able to import tapes (from first NB server) by second NB server because there are in shared libraries actually without restoring of catalog of NB server.