cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size of NBU 7.5 client

hYper
Level 3
Hi, In our recent upgrade exercise to 7.5, we have challenges installing the client on older servers who have limited disk space. Compared to 6.X, the 7.5 binary is a lot larger, seems to take almost 4GB. I understand that the unix package includes the binaries for multiple unix platforms, hence one of the reasons for its size. However is it possible to reduce the size needed on the client by deleting the unnecessary platforms? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NBU 7.x client software includes all agents and options, so, client binary sizes are significantly bigger.

See NetBackup binary sizes in NetBackup Release Notes .

Solaris Client needs 1136MB to install, although the download is much bigger. You may wat to extract on one client and NFS share for all clients to upgrade.

If you have a Unix/Linux master or media server, you can push the upgrade from there.

See NetBackup Installation Guide for UNIX and Linux  for details.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

EnriquePereira
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Do you have any appliance?

I have not had that problem (until now), but I have seen that in the login page of the appliance you can download the linux client individually.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Once you download and extract it,. Be wise to choose relevant package based on ur OS family and you can remove others

./install would invoke only which is suitable to ur system .

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NBU 7.x client software includes all agents and options, so, client binary sizes are significantly bigger.

See NetBackup binary sizes in NetBackup Release Notes .

Solaris Client needs 1136MB to install, although the download is much bigger. You may wat to extract on one client and NFS share for all clients to upgrade.

If you have a Unix/Linux master or media server, you can push the upgrade from there.

See NetBackup Installation Guide for UNIX and Linux  for details.