cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapshot Client Install v7.1.0.2

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi,

I have a Solaris 10 client that has hundreds of thousands of files and due to this the backup is taking a very long time so I am looking at using the Flash Backup method to speed things up, however when I run the Create a Snapshot backup Policy GUI I get the following message:

Snapshot Client software is not installed on client "client_name". Use the update_clients -Install_SNC command to install Snapshot Client software.

When I then run the command update_clients -Install_SNC Solaris Soalris10 I get the following:

The Snapshot client binaries are now handled as part of the regular client and no longer need to be handled separatley

Both the Master Server and client are running v7.1.0.2, the client was originaly running v6.5.5 but I have since upgraded it to v7.1.0.2 and am still getting the same error messages.

The Master Server is running the Enterprise Server software and is licenced for Snapshot

Is this an issue with the version of NBU or is this a misconfiguration?

Thanks

Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I assume that this problem will be related to upgrade install, and it is not easy to determine what's wrong.
Can you uninstall current client software(be sure to remove older service entry for bpcd, vnetd, vopied, bpjava-msvc from SMF), and do fresh install?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I assume that this problem will be related to upgrade install, and it is not easy to determine what's wrong.
Can you uninstall current client software(be sure to remove older service entry for bpcd, vnetd, vopied, bpjava-msvc from SMF), and do fresh install?

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Many thanks Yasuhisa, I will give this a try and see what happens

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi Yasuhisa, the uninstall and reinstall worked a treat, thanks for the advise.