cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapshot could not be created with VMware method

The_Viking
Level 3

Policy: VMWARE_DISQUE_SAN -- client: XX-XXXX-XXXXXX (virtual machine proxy: YY-YYYY-YYYYY.YY-YYYY.YYYYY) --
    Snapshot could not be created with VMware method

Hi Folks,

Why am i receiving that message every time i add a VM to my policy ? I dont support vmware, is there a problem with the vmware tools ? they are installed, a snapshot can be created from vmware console....

Do you have an idea ?

2 REPLIES 2

Tim_Hansen
Level 5
Certified

What is your VM transfer method, and whatever this selected method is, does your VMware backup host have connectivity over that method to see the snapshots created by VMware?

ala, if you're transfer method is nbd then your VMware backup host must be able to communicate with the VM datastore via ethernet, or if you connect via fibre channel SAN, then your VMware backup host must be zoned and able to see the disk the vmdk is hosted on.

When you add a VM to a client Netbackup does a preliminary check to see if the VM can be looked up, and the backup host can communicate with the backend storage target.

seanwong
Level 4

Will the VM Guest automatically appears in the > NBU management > Host properties > Clients ?