cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapshot error status 156 using VCB

schrammd
Level 5
Enviro:
NB 6.5.3.1 on dedicated master, media and proxy.
Proxy attached to 2 CLARiiONS, one for source vmdks, the other for snapshot cache.
VCB 1.5
Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 x64 is the VCB proxy. Attached to array over 2Gb FC.
VM Backup : 1
transfer type: 3
vmdk type: 1

Seems like if backing up one VM at a time will work. Running them in "streams" all results in snapshot errors although I don't see any bottlenecks anywhere.  When I setup the VCB policy I enabled 5 streams. When the jobs kick off, only the first one was successful, the others all fail with "- Critical bpbrm(pid=5932) from client qa01: FTL - snapshot creation failed, status 156".

90% of our VM's are Linux so all I care about is fulls I guess. I'm attaching the bpfis log from the proxy, the bpvmutil log has nothing relavent to this issue as the discovery is all running fine, just incredibly slow. Has anyone seen this issue? thanks in advance.
There are multiple failing commands and errors but I do not see how to resolve this based on other posts.
42 REPLIES 42

schmaustech
Level 5
I have a report I wrote in Perl that will gather the clients from VMWare using the VMWare Perl API and put the information into an Excel spreedsheet and email it off to those defined to recieve it.

The XLS file contains the following:

-Sheet1 that lists the datastores and space usage.
-Sheet2 that lists all the Vm hosts running, their IP's, VMware tool status and a some other items.
-Sheet3 the disks on each of the VM hosts and what datastore they reside on and what percentage of space they use.

Regards,

Benjamin Schmaus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you seen nice utility RVTools. Check it out. Nice for exporting and viewing data for all your vComponents.
This could give you a view on what you might be after.
http://www.robware.net/

jdoll66
Level 3
David,

How did you get past this?  I'm currently seeing this on NetBackup 7.  Using my former VCB proxy as the backup host (not media server).