cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapshots default path and how to change it

Dipendra_Singh
Level 4

Hi All,

Was just going through the Snapshot clients, my query is where to check the default path for netbackup to buffer the snapshots ( I mean on which Drive does it caches before moving it to tape) and how to change this default destination.

Any help would be pointly appreciated......thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

This depends on the type of snapshot you plan to do

For example - if using nbu_snap then in the policy on the attributes tab you select "perform snapshot backups" and then selecting the options button followed by nbu_snap allows you to select the Cache Device Path.

So it all depends on the type of snapshot you plan to do and how it will be handled - everything then just passes through memory buffers to bptm

Hope this helps - let us know a bit more info on your plans so that i can see if i can give more guidance

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

This depends on the type of snapshot you plan to do

For example - if using nbu_snap then in the policy on the attributes tab you select "perform snapshot backups" and then selecting the options button followed by nbu_snap allows you to select the Cache Device Path.

So it all depends on the type of snapshot you plan to do and how it will be handled - everything then just passes through memory buffers to bptm

Hope this helps - let us know a bit more info on your plans so that i can see if i can give more guidance

Dipendra_Singh
Level 4

Thanks a ton Mark.....

I have another query as in this nbu_snap option can be used for Flashbackup of Windows Client also because in "FlashBackup Windows" Policy Type I do not see an option for changing the default path for VSP_Cache

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

VSP_Cache!!! We dont do VSP any more!! Only VSS - what NBU version are you on?

Anyway, VSP will always go to the root of the drives being snapped - allowing for the settings that may have been set for a client if it has been added to the Client Attributes section of the Master Server Host Properties.

Old versions wrote vsp file to the root of the drive, after that they wrote to the cache folder in the root of the drive.

If you still have older client just add them to the Client Attributes and tell them to use VSS rather than VSP - i was dropped for a reason!

Hope this helps