cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solaris 10 Netbackup 6.5 Robot Enabled "No" - Backups cannot run

Mistico3
Level 0

Hello,

I inherited the backup server at my company.  I was never involved in its installation or configuration and I was left with no documentation.  To make things worse, I have never work with Solaris before and after a power outage, the backups stopped running.  Here is the information I have:

The robotic library is up and running and connected via Fiber to the server.  The Fiber interfaces are up and everything appears ok.  However, the jobs cannot run and when I look at the robots it shows TLD(0), in the "Enabled" column it shows "No"

It appears that I cannot just 'force' the server to enable the drive and that there must be something wrong but I do not know where to look and see what the problem is.  The robotic Path exists and it properly configured.

One thing I will say, I do not know if the problem could be with the tape backup unit as I am not sure how to test that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as our backups have been down for two days now.

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Mistico3

Can you show us output of /usr.openv/volmgr/bin/scan ?

If scan output shows robot and tape drives correctly (compare device paths with 'tpconfig -l'), you can test robot functionality with robtest.  See this TN for details: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100022873