Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solaris 10 problem with sg.build

Amit_Karia
Level 6

I have a strange thing to discuss its more over a concept rather than issue,

When ever we do a sg.build in solaris 10 , /dev/rmt entries changes each time

as a result we have to do a manual tpconfig after rebuild . Last weekend one of the drive of replaced in our storage tek library

I just did tpautoconf and found out drive was still down. i checked cfgadm -al outpout and found out that particular drive was unusable i checked in san switch that wwn no of drive was changed.. and complete setup was in a mess. that drive was shared between two media servers(solaris 8 and solaris 10)

in solaris 8 media server it was easy to re-configure since it uses persistent binding for devices ..Since solaris10 uses auto-binding and /dev/rmt entries were deleted post sg.build /dev/rmt/*cbn  entries changed , it got mismatched with wwn number..

My question is, is there any way we can hard-code cbn entries with wwn no. in solaris 10

5 REPLIES 5

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

This issue isn't really related to NetBackup but rather the O/S and Fibre Card Configuration. You should persistently bind the WWNs to Targets/Luns using the configuration file for your HBA. Usually this would be qla.conf/qla2300.conf/lpc.conf etc. Depends on your HBA.

Amit_Karia
Level 6

Thanks Riaan,

Any idea on emulex drivers?

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Should be lpc.conf or something like that. Sorry, I'm used to Qlogic.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

- that sounds like you're doing it a lot on an active system? Any reason?

Amit_Karia
Level 6

As i mentioned earlier, drive replacement resulted in Change in WWN Number , even after zoning and configuring respective controller , Drive was not getting detected at all. With the help of symantec i found out there was problem with sg.build script which was looking out for native driver of sun not the lpfc emulex driver. So made changes in the script and it became necessary to do sg.build