cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solaris LDOM Master

Efi_G
Level 4

Does anyone have a NetBackup Master 7.5.x running on Solaris 11 LDOM? i know it supported but will there be bugs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Ankit,
As stated in TECH162994 like below, almost all components are supported on LDOM. Master server and disk media server is also suppoerted on guest domain.

All NetBackup components supported with Solaris 10 SPARC physical servers are supported in a Solaris 10 LDoms Control Domain with the exception of Bare Metal Restore (server or client). Guest domain support is limited to standard client, database agents, master server and disk media server.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please subscribe to this doc as per CRZ's advice:

NetBackup Support for Oracle Solaris Virtualization
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH162994

Any 'issues' should be documented in this doc.

You may also want to keep an eye on LBN bulletin: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178334

ankmah
Level 3

We can not create Master or Media server on Solaris Ldom..

Only client can work on LDOM device..

No support from Symantec also for this all.

Hope Oracle and Symantec will work on this....

Thanks,

Ankit Maheshwari

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Ankit,
As stated in TECH162994 like below, almost all components are supported on LDOM. Master server and disk media server is also suppoerted on guest domain.

All NetBackup components supported with Solaris 10 SPARC physical servers are supported in a Solaris 10 LDoms Control Domain with the exception of Bare Metal Restore (server or client). Guest domain support is limited to standard client, database agents, master server and disk media server.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

But Ankit is using Solaris 11, not Solaris 10 - we have not issued a statement of support for Solaris 11 yet as far as I know (if you can find one, please let me know about it!) and it would be dangerous to assume that such a statement is forthcoming.

CRZ
Level 6

As I mentioned in the other thread, the latest update to TECH162994 says that this currently isn't supported.

Efi_G
Level 4

from the TECH162994

"All NetBackup components supported with Solaris 11 SPARC physical servers are supported in a Solaris 11 LDoms Control Domain and I/O Domain with the exception of Bare Metal Restore (server or client). Guest domain support is limited to standard client, database agents, master server and disk media server."

CRZ
Level 6

Yes, this statement was last modified on 3/29, a month after my last reply.  I'm sure it will continue to evolve.  It's a good reason to subscribe to the document!  :)

Andrew_Hislop
Level 2
Employee Accredited
Dear all, At the time of writing this we only support standard client in local zones. No other element (master, media, San media, San client) is supported. If you have a requirement for this please contact me or your local Symantec Presales for support. Regards, Andrew_hislop@symantec.com

Andrew_Hislop
Level 2
Employee Accredited

Please see excerpt from TECHNOTE 162994 re LDOM support for Solaris 11: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH162994

Solaris 11 Logical Domains (LDoms) Support

Solaris 11 Logical Domains (LDoms) are only available on Sun servers utilizing CMT technology. Solaris 11 LDoms provide virtual machines that run an independent operating system instance, and contain virtualized CPU, memory, storage, console, and cryptographic devices.

Each update to LDoms may add additional features and fixes, so it is recommended that the latest updates always be applied.

All NetBackup components supported with Solaris 11 SPARC physical servers are supported in a Solaris 11 LDoms Control Domain and I/O Domain with the exception of Bare Metal Restore (server or client). Guest domain support is limited to standard client, database agents, master server and disk media server.

Be sure to backup the LDoms environment with the Control Domain backup:

• Backup the database files in /var/opt/SUNWldm.
  • Protect the primary domain configuration with the following command:

# ldm list-constraints -x primary > primary.xml