cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for a data in a damaged Tape

issmag
Level 5

hi friends,

i need your help please, last night we had a problem with a tape and it's become unreadable and we can't use it more... but this tape content very important data, with an important size ( more than 800 GB). i need to know if there is a possibility to get all the backupID on this Media, and how to duplicate just thoese backupID from disks to a new tape.

thanks in advance.

Master server OS : WIndows Server 2008 R2.

Tape is : LTO6.

Netbackup Version : 7.5.0.5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

bpimmedia command will help you to get the contents on the tapes.. backup ids..

altenrately you can get this done from GUI

go to Netbackup GUI--> catalog

give the Media ID in the left side where the Media ID can be given and give enough date range that you think it did the backup on those dates and click on Search.

it will show you the list of backup IDs that are avaliable in the specific media

make a note of those images..

then in the same window.. in actions --> change it from Verify to duplicate.

then right click on the images and select duplicate and select approriate storage units to get it duplicated...

if the medias are still good enough to read you will have the successfull duplication jobs..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

bpimmedia command will help you to get the contents on the tapes.. backup ids..

altenrately you can get this done from GUI

go to Netbackup GUI--> catalog

give the Media ID in the left side where the Media ID can be given and give enough date range that you think it did the backup on those dates and click on Search.

it will show you the list of backup IDs that are avaliable in the specific media

make a note of those images..

then in the same window.. in actions --> change it from Verify to duplicate.

then right click on the images and select duplicate and select approriate storage units to get it duplicated...

if the medias are still good enough to read you will have the successfull duplication jobs..

issmag
Level 5

hi Nagalla,

thnak you for your reply ... the media has been damaged, so netbackup can't use it to read images from it.. i need to extract all thoese images from datadomain, and i know how how to it, cause there is a lot of backupID ...

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As per Nagalla's post, bpimmedia will give you image-id's on this tape.

You can then put all of these image-id's in a text file and then use this as input to bpduplicate

-Bidfile <file_name>

The primary copy of images (DD) will be used to read from.