cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some problem with Optimized Duplication

stucci
Level 6

Hello all,

I have some problem with duplication from a DataDomain to another DataDomain. The duplication sometimes work fine and sometimes no, but in both case I have a weird message in the Job Details:

07/23/2015 10:44:32 - Info bpduplicate (pid=14220) Suspend window close behavior is not supported for optimized duplications
07/23/2015 10:44:32 - Info bpduplicate (pid=14220) window close behavior: Continue processing the current image

I attacched one job ended fine and one bed. I also tried a manual duplication and in this case the message not compare and work all fine.

Please I ask you, which logs I can look as help ?

below some information:

Master server: OS Linux Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.8 (Tikanga); NBU 7.6.0.3; Plugin DDboost Vendor Version: 3.0.1.0-451885;

Media Server: OS Win Server 2008 R2 Standard; NBU 7.6.0.3; Plugin DDboost Vendor Version: 2.6.1.0 (I will update with last version but I don't think that it is the cause of issue).

Tx !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There are various types of SLP duplication/replications that cannot be suspended.

See extract from page 2 of the doc:

The exact behavior when the window closes will depend on the storage devices involved and the type of data the operation is carried out on. By default the operation will suspend processing of the “active” images at the time the windows closes and resume where it left off the next time the window opens.

However for some storage types, including deduplicating disk storage and NDMP devices, suspending and resuming is not possible. Where these storage types are used the default behavior is to finish processing the active images when the window closes before terminating. However the user has the option to terminate the active processing immediately, in which case any partially processed image data will be discarded. In all cases any unprocessed images in the work list when the window closes will be added to the work list when the window reopens. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6

Those are Info messages and not errors.

The messages are related to SLP schedule windows and is merely telling you that this feature is not supported for your type of storage units.

See this doc for more info on SLP windows:

NetBackup 7.6 Feature Briefing - Secondary operation windows in SLPs 
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH211111

To troubleshoot status 13 error, you need bpdm and bptm logs on the source media server.

Plugin error (error 2060046: plugin error)  is normally a DD issue and should be logged with EMC.
Plugin version could very well be the issue.

stucci
Level 6

Hello Marianne,

I read the Guide, it is very interesting, I did not know all these things on SLP's windows, thank you very much.

I am sorry but I don't understand thoroughly the message.

Please can you confirm ?  the message "Suspend window close behavior is not supported for optimized duplications" it means that the feature "Suspend window close behavior" is not supported by DataDomain (optimized duplications), is it correct ???

Now I upgrade the plugin and after if the problem persist I  do troubleshoot ..

Marianne
Level 6

There are various types of SLP duplication/replications that cannot be suspended.

See extract from page 2 of the doc:

The exact behavior when the window closes will depend on the storage devices involved and the type of data the operation is carried out on. By default the operation will suspend processing of the “active” images at the time the windows closes and resume where it left off the next time the window opens.

However for some storage types, including deduplicating disk storage and NDMP devices, suspending and resuming is not possible. Where these storage types are used the default behavior is to finish processing the active images when the window closes before terminating. However the user has the option to terminate the active processing immediately, in which case any partially processed image data will be discarded. In all cases any unprocessed images in the work list when the window closes will be added to the work list when the window reopens.