Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specificate slot in inject command

jpmichelino
Level 4
Partner

Hello, I need to know how I can indicate destin slot in de inject command:

#vmchange -res -multi_inject -w -ml <media_id> -verbose -rn <robot_number> -rt TLD -rh <robot_control_host>

I'm trying to do a script to eject and inject a tape. I resolved the first part, but I cant resolve tha last part (this command).

Thank.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
You cannot specify a slot for an inject - NBU has no control over this, it is down to the library where the tape goes.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
You cannot specify a slot for an inject - NBU has no control over this, it is down to the library where the tape goes.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

I agree with Martin

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Rather use vmupdate that has -empty_map option.

The robot knows where the empty slots are and will place the tapes there.

Eric_Zhang
Level 5

Hi Marianne

from my understanding , to use the vmupdate command is different with to use the vmchange command to inject the volumes to the library.

vmupdate will do 2 things , 1 ) inventory  2) empty the map and move all the media in the CAP to the library

vmchange can just move all the medias in the MAP to the library .

correct me if I am wrong . Cheers !

Eric

Marianne

Yes, the vmupdate command is similar to a inventory with 'Update robot contents' and 'Empty Map' selected. 

Eric_Zhang
Level 5

Netbackup doesnt suppose to manage the Slots , it's managed by the tape library .

so when Netbackup issue the request to move the tapes from the MAP/CAP to the tape library

the tape library robot would pick the tapes from the MAP/CAP and choose the empty slots to use to put the medias .

Eric

jpmichelino
Level 4
Partner

Thank to all for your help.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Kinda curious why I get a -1 mark for stating the exact correct answer to the question posted ?

Perhaps somebody doesn't like the answer, but that is hardly my fault.

I see revaroo suffered the same fate, as did Eric!

Marianne

LOL! Seems all of us got a 'thumbs down'! Don't let it bother you!

The right answer is hardly ever the popular answer. wink

It would be nice if the person(s) disagreeing with us will tell us why! 

PS: Seems someone out there is on some kind of witch hunt, marking everyone down without providing alternatives. see https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/adding-barcode-label-unknown-volumes

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Seems there is a voting troll. Perhaps the admins could find out who they are and warn/ban them? :)

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
The saying - 'Don't bite the hand that feeds you' comes to mind ... Good idea to get the admins to find out who it is ....