cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status 1 Error

Evan
Level 4
is there any way to set the netbackup email alerts to not notify when jobs complete with status 1(the requested operation was partially successful(1)The job was successfully completed, but some files may have been busy or unaccessible. See the problems report or the client's logs for more details.)?

I find it odd that it does seeing how NBU considers a status 1 job successful.

or is the real problem that my backup finished with status 1 and I should really figure that out?

thanks

Evan

3 REPLIES 3

Android
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Status 1 is considered partially successful.  Not the same as a status 0.  I would definately look into the cause of the status 1 rather than just assuming all is well with your backup job. 

As far as I know, the Core product's e-mail notification is an all or nothing sort of setup. 

nairdheeraj
Level 4
Status 1 can be a little troublesome at times..

I agree with Android.. Status 1 cannot be always ignored as it could have skipped critical files.. but  for Windows there are certain system files which will never get backed up and hence leaving the job to exit with status 1.. These definetly can be ignored..

As far as the alerting is required.. if you are using backup_exit_notify .. just appended file with the below statement and that should do the trick... (This is for UNIX)

if [ "$5" -gt 1 ]
then
        cat $OUTF | mailx -s "Netbackup Backup Alert" abdc@abcd.com
fi

this will ensure that it alerts is generated only if the status is not 1 or 0...

Android
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Thanks for the info nairdheeraj.  I did not know you could exclude certain error codes from e-mail notification.