cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status 1 on SQL 2012 Backup policy (all job in policy return status 0)

Diego_Vidal
Level 2

Hi,

I have a weird situation with a SQL 2012 running on Windows server 2012.

For some reason a few days ago it the backup policy started givin "done. status: 1: the requested operation was partially successful" on the job where it resumes if all the other jobs that are run in that policy went ok. The weird thing is that all the "child" jobs are giving me the usual status 0 successful. I have no error on any child job or anywhere that would sujjest that something did not end well. has anyone experienced something similar?

regards

Diego

5 REPLIES 5

Diego_Vidal
Level 2

Forgot to say it's running both master, media and agent on 7.5.0.6

sri_vani
Level 6
Partner

can you please post us the detailed job status..

also please attach dbclient log.

Check database recovery model of each database.

Transaction log can not be backed up if database recovery model is simple.

only full backup can be configured for master database,incremntal backup configuration is not supported for master database.

• Ensure that the SQL Server client and NetBackup servers have consistent and correct hostname resolution
  • Ensure that the master and all media servers are listed in the client's server list. Also, ensure that the client name used in the NetBackup SQL policy on the master server is the same name used to configure the client and is the name resolved by the NetBackup servers when translating the client's IP address to a hostname.
  • Ensure that the NBSERVER entry in the SQL backup batch file, if it exists, equates to the proper NetBackup master server.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I agree with the request for dbclient log.

Please copy the log to dbclient.txt and post as File attachment.

Bonga_Nozibele
Level 3

What I've noticed is that your SQL parent job exits with status code 1 if some of the databases you trying to backup were skipped during the backup process. Open the Netbackup MS SQL Client from the SQL server you trying to backup and select Restore SQL Server objects option. From there you'll be able to see which databases were backed up successfully in comparison with what you have on your Netbackup SQL script. Chances are, one(could be more) of the database you have on your script was not all backed up.

RadovanTuran
Level 4

The reason for code "1" should be written directly to this parent job.
Usually there is a list of skipped databases at the end of job.

All these skipped databases has to be investigated - dbclient/bphdb log files. No error should be in mssql_backup_failures log file as the backup of particular database even didn't start.