cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status 120 on catalog backups after server migration

Patrick_Dickey
Level 3
I 'migrated' master servers and everything is working great (finally). The only issue is not being able to backup the catalogs using the normal methods.

I think I need the command line to reconfigure the backups of the catalog, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone know what it is?

Using NB 5.1 MP5

Just fyi, the tool in the gui shows the old server as the media server and it isn't changeable....
3 REPLIES 3

Stumpr2
Level 6
How to configure and backup NetBackup catalogs from command line.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/239811

Details:
I. Configuration of the catalog backup from command line (usually performed on the Master server)

The configuration phase of this objective entails:

a) Specifying the media IDs to which the catalog backups are to be written. Configuring one media implies that catalog backup will be performed to that media each time; configuring two medias, however, will allow the catalog backups to be alternated from one tape to the other. The example below illustrates two medias A00000 and A00001 being used for a catalog backup. The UNIX command line for this is as follows:
#/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpsyncinfo -server -id1 A00000 -d1 -id2 A00001 -d2

where is the name of the Master server and is the media type (e.g. 4mm, dlt, etc)

b) Specifying when to perform the catalog backup. There are three options available: Never (must be manually initiated), After each successful Backup Schedule and After any successful Backup/Archive. From a command line perspective, this is has to be viewed as manual. The corresponding parameter for this option is "bw" (Backup When). Thus the UNIX command line is as follows:
#/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpsyncinfo -bw never

c) Specifying the paths to be backed up. This should include NetBackup media databases of the Media servers as well as the databases of the Master server such as image and volume databases. The command to incorporate a typical example of a set of paths is as follows:
#/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpsyncinfo -paths ":/usr/openv/netbackup/db :/usr/openv/volmgr/database :/usr/openv/netbackup/db/media :/usr/openv/volmgr/database"

where is the name of the Master server and is the name of the Media server.

Note: To ensure a list of multiple paths, the -paths option has to be used in conjunction with "" and a space between each path.

In order to confirm that all of the above configurations are successfully in place, run and verify the output of the command:
#/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpsyncinfo -U

Additionally, the file which contains all of the above information is called the sync file which can be found under "/usr/openv/netbackup/db/config". This is the file which is referenced and called by the bpsyncinfo command.

II. Starting the catalog backup from command line

To start the catalog backup from the command line, use the command:
#/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpsyncinfo -M -doBackup

The above procedure is similar for Windows NT/WIN2K except for the paths and the backslashes (\) to replace the fowardslashes.

Patrick_Dickey
Level 3
Wonderful. That is exactly what I needed.

I ran the bpsyncinfo command to see what it returned, and it returned the old server.

I ran bpsyncinfo -server and poof, the gui tool works again and I got a successful catalog backup.

Thanks a bunch Bob!

Patrick

Stumpr2
Level 6
And thank you for rewarding me with points.