cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status 129: Disk storage unit is full

netbackup22
Level 4

MPX is the hyper-v if the hyper-v there are VMs ,le backup of this Vms in the partition G in the system where the NBU is installed see the picture 

can you help

25 août 2019 19:15:16 - Info nbjm (pid=7108) starting backup job (jobid=35838) for client AzurGRH, policy MPX-CHYV16-01_P, schedule Full
25 août 2019 19:15:16 - Info nbjm (pid=7108) requesting STANDARD_RESOURCE resources from RB for backup job (jobid=35838, request id:{FABFCA72-C7EB-4624-A244-CF26EBEAE261})
25 août 2019 19:15:16 - requesting resource NETBACKUP_POOL-stu
25 août 2019 19:15:16 - requesting resource mpx-py-bkup02.snmvt.intra.NBU_CLIENT.MAXJOBS.AzurGRH
25 août 2019 19:15:16 - requesting resource mpx-py-bkup02.snmvt.intra.NBU_POLICY.MAXJOBS.MPX-CHYV16-01_P
25 août 2019 19:15:16 - Error nbjm (pid=7108) NBU status: 129, EMM status: Insufficient disk space or High Water Mark would be exceeded
26 août 2019 09:42:33 - job 35838 was restarted as job 35852
Disk storage unit is full  (129)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

please do not mark the thread as Solved when you go on with asking.

And yes you must 1/extend your disk space, 2/use another disk with more space, 3/ verify with a "data owner" which combination of retention period and RPO (backup frequency) should be used.

Regards

Michal

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Marianne

@netbackup22 

You have configured a Disk Storage Unit where you are writing backups, right?

This Disk Storage Unit should be on a different volume or drive letter. 
Not on the same volume where NetBackup is installed. 

The Disk Storage Unit should have enough space for all the backups you are writing to it until the Retention Period has expired. 

for the full backup the retention 2 weeks and the backup window start friday 18 end monday 8

115.png

yes ,the window backup start monday 18the end tuesday 5  start 

144.png

the here we will  make  more free espace for the backup up yes or no my leader??

as i mentioned earlier the free espace that i have 1 TO from 7 TO  in STU so  this free space is not enghout for the backup  i thank ? is releted to the retention period ? what is your advice for me ?

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

please do not mark the thread as Solved when you go on with asking.

And yes you must 1/extend your disk space, 2/use another disk with more space, 3/ verify with a "data owner" which combination of retention period and RPO (backup frequency) should be used.

Regards

Michal

thank you the issue is solved

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

@netbackup22 what was the solution, please?

I was adding more free space in my storage where the backupfor me, I deleted the old backup in my partition in order to make more free space for backup and in final the backup done

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

@netbackup22 thanks for the update.

I assume that the data owner was okay with you deleting whatever it was that you deleted.

just i deleted the oldest data in order to make more free space

Marianne

@netbackup22 wrote:

just i deleted the oldest data in order to make more free space

NO!!!!! You just created a big problem!

NEVER delete backup files manually. Information about the backups are still in NetBackup Catalogs.
This is really creating a big mess...

The backup files will automatically be removed when the Retention Period expires (or when manually expired).

@netbackup22 

Did you receive any NetBackup Admin training?
Do you understand the basics about backup retentions? 
And to plan for sufficient backup storage (disk and/or tape) to meet your company's retention and recovery requirements?

If you have disk and tape, do you know about Disk Staging?

Do you understand the basics about backup retentions? 

-yes  is the period that the backups are still save in disk or tape until the end of retention period 
And to plan for sufficient backup storage (disk and/or tape) to meet your company's retention and recovery requirements?

If you have disk and tape, do you know about Disk Staging?

-Disk staging allows the “staging” of data to disk before ultimately moving to the final storage unit. This can reduce the required backup window by deferring the move from disk to tape until all client data is collected and the backup window closes.

so the best way to solved this issue is to manage you storage (tape /disk) for more free space also to manage the retention period in order to avoid the status of 129 .are you agree My leader Mme marianne