cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status 129: MSDP storage unit is full

MatBams
Level 4

Hi everybody,

Recently, i had a status 129 with my jobs on NBU that i didn't have before.

I have a MSDP with a 63,9TB disk and this goes full sometimes.

I have an SLP named SLP_FULL on FULL schedule which backup on this MSDP pool and duplicate on an other MSDP pool (a second server) with copy2 and in the same time duplicate on tapes with copy3.

My MSDP pool has 98% HWM and 60% LWM. I think that my issue appears when i have some big backup with big VM and the duplication take long time or start every 12H.

Maybe do i grow up the MSDP disk on the server or anything else ?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

quebek
   VIP    Certified

hi

crcontrol --processqueue

should be ran two or three times... than wait for its status

Busy : no
Pending: no

Before running above I would do this

bpimage -cleanup -allclients

but if there is nice dedupe expiring some backups images might not free up space as you could have dreamed of...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

Increasing the MSDP capacity is always a good idea. Also you can try to check the retention for copy 1 - if you have copy 2 and 3 maybe you don't need to many copy 1??

Hi

We can't increase the MSDP capacity for the moment.

We expired some FULL backup but the free space move weakly. We tried to use th crcontrol command with --processqueue but the --processqueueinfo don't move.

quebek
   VIP    Certified

hi

crcontrol --processqueue

should be ran two or three times... than wait for its status

Busy : no
Pending: no

Before running above I would do this

bpimage -cleanup -allclients

but if there is nice dedupe expiring some backups images might not free up space as you could have dreamed of...

Hi

bpimage -cleanup -allclients deletes all the images of the clients presents in catalog in NBU ?

Krutons
   VIP   

No it manually starts an image cleanup, expiring images that are outside normal retention. You can do this instead of waiting for the image cleanup process to run.