Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status 13 on domain controllers with DSFR after latest microsoft patch

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Hello

After the latest microsoft patch we have gotten status 13 on shadow Copy Components:\ on our domain controllers.

Have tried to exclude Shadow Copy Components:\User Data, which makes the backups complete successfully

Have others had similar experiences with microsoft patch and DSFR ?

Thinking that we might be missing some VSS update that fixes issues with DSFR

Regards

Michael

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue
8 REPLIES 8

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi,

what is the version of netbackup and the Windows OS.?

it looks like you need ignore the unresolved volumes.. 

Syntax:
w2koption -backup -ignore_unresolved_volumes <volume:>

Example if drive letter F is missing:
w2koption -backup -ignore_unresolved_volumes F:

Example if drive letters F and G are missing:
w2koption -backup -ignore_unresolved_volumes F:G:

check the below tech note for more info 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH128805

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

It has happened on both Windows 2003 and Windows 2008. Netbackup version 7.5.0.4. Cannot exclude volumes as the domain controllers only have C: drives

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Downgrading one Windows 2003 domain controller to Netbackup 7.1.0.4 made the backup work. Is in progress of upgrading that client to 7.5.0.4 to see if the problem reappear

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

you may need to take this to symantec , to check the compatablity and provide the reason.. i guess.. 

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

After the upgrade to 7.5.0.4 the problem reappeared.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Actually have had case at Symantec for some time regarding this issue and has just been informed that there might be an EBB for this

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

EDIT: On further review, I may be linking the wrong EEB to your case, so I've deleted my post.  Could you please share your Etrack number when you get your EEB?

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

The technician refered me to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH195504  which concerns Etrack ET2776087