cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status 200

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, my master server and media servers are all NBU 7.1 on Windows 2008 R2 SP1. Most of our clients are Windows 2003/Windows 2008 servers with NBU 7.1 clients. I found there are always some backup jobs failed with status 200: scheduler found no backups due to run. I checked and found that:

Assume policy A is supposed to run last night before midnight. However, due to resource limitation, it runs this morning after midnight. Then the backup job of policy A tonight may fail with status 200.

How to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I logged a case with Symantec support regarding this case. The support engineer told me to copy the old policy to a new policy and run the backups again. This time the backup jobs completed successfully. Seems there are some error info stuck in NetBackup and NetBackup cannot automatically correct it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ashish-Sharma
Level 6
Accredited

hi

have you receive solution ??

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Ashish, thanks for your advice. But I am still unable to get it work.

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

Kindly post bpplinfo <policy name> -U

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are you using Frequency or Calendar based scheduling?

I have found Frequency based scheduling better suited for Daily and Weekly schedules.

Please see this article on Frequency based scheduling: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/netbackup-frequency-based-scheduling-1

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks for your replies. The policy uses calendar based scheduling. I added a frequency based scheduling in the policy and ran a test backup. I saw the same errror, status 200.

I did some more testing and found if I change the backup selection to some directories (e.g., C:\tmp), the test backups completed successfully. Currently in the policy the backup selection is ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES.

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I logged a case with Symantec support regarding this case. The support engineer told me to copy the old policy to a new policy and run the backups again. This time the backup jobs completed successfully. Seems there are some error info stuck in NetBackup and NetBackup cannot automatically correct it.