cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status code 59 - restoring content to a VM environment

lovethatcheese
Level 5

Hi all,

I've been surfing around looking into a status 59 error that I'm receiving, and figured I would lay out what I've tried, etc. My background info on my environment is Windows Server 2008 R2 for master / media servers, all are running 7.6.0.3. 

I'm attempting to back up a VM environment (I'm completely new to the VM world). My backups went through fine. I'm backing up all servers in a VM cluster, and for part two of my test, I'm trying to restore a file to make sure it works. When I try to restore, I get the status 59 - access to the client was not allowed.

I disabled Kaspersky on VM center, added the particular host (owems.blahblah.edu) to the master server and the media server that is backing it up, and restarted services on both master / media server. I'm still getting this error. 

On the master server, I went into Hosts -> media servers -> double clicked on this particular media server, and added the specific machine host (owems.blahblabh.edu) into the allowed servers list... 

My question is - what am I overlooking here? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

you are just looking in wrong place...

you need to make sure that the master and media server entiries are present in bp.conf(in unix client) or servers entiry (in windows client ) on the Destination client..?

what is the destination client, does it the same VM as source one?

what is the OS of client?

please make sure media & master server entires are listed in as servers , and those names are resolving ..

if you still not get it.

create a log directory name bpcd in /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpcd (for unix ) installpath\\veritas\netbackup\logs\bpcd (windows) in destination client..and trigger the restore.

it will generate the log file, pleaes attach the log file to this post...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

you are just looking in wrong place...

you need to make sure that the master and media server entiries are present in bp.conf(in unix client) or servers entiry (in windows client ) on the Destination client..?

what is the destination client, does it the same VM as source one?

what is the OS of client?

please make sure media & master server entires are listed in as servers , and those names are resolving ..

if you still not get it.

create a log directory name bpcd in /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpcd (for unix ) installpath\\veritas\netbackup\logs\bpcd (windows) in destination client..and trigger the restore.

it will generate the log file, pleaes attach the log file to this post...