cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status of Backups report only shows catalog backup not showing any client backups

Vijaya_lakshmi
Level 3

Upgraded Backup server from 6.5 to 7.1 and now in Status of Backups under Report is not showing the client backup status. 
It only shows the status of the catalog backup for some reason. Before I upgraded everything was working fine. 
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

18 REPLIES 18

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

how about the Client backups report and catalog? are they showing fine?

does the Status of Backups report not showing even for the jobs that are tiggred after upgrade or only for the jobs triggred before upgrade?

Vijaya_lakshmi
Level 3

Client backups report is fine it is showing the sucessfull backup clients, Problem is only with Status of Backups report not showing the Older jobs as well as jobs that are tiggred after upgrade. It is giving only output of catalog backups.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Why did you only upgrade to 7.1? Why not 7.6 ?

RamNagalla

could you show us the Screen shot of the  Status of Backups report  with the selection that you made..

Vijaya_lakshmi
Level 3

Sorry Ram I can not attach the screen shot as it is in office machine, I selected Media server as All Media Servers & Clients also All Clients but still having the same issue, I try to select individual clients also it is giving error No Report data available. Other Backup servers are working fine with the same setup & same versions

RamNagalla

fine... no issues..

do you have the files in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/error

also check how below command results

bperror -U -backstat -s info [-d <start_date> <start_time> -e <end_date> <end_time>]

i guess the status of backups report reads form the logs file located in  /usr/openv/netbackup/db/error.

so if you dont have the files in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/error, you might not get the report.

Vijaya_lakshmi
Level 3

Hi Nagalla, 

Yes files are available under /usr/openv/netbackup/db/error, & i tried the command bperror -U -backstat it is giving only catalog backup status, but not giving any client backup’s status

RamNagalla

Okay.. go to GUi--> host Properties---> Master server --> select cleanup and see how many days selected in keep logs

how many days does it set?

Trigger one backup and examin the error log using the bperror command and see if that is updateing the lastest backups

bperror -all -U 

this output should have someinfo about the latest job... if that is not updated with latest job that is problem area and reason for not showing in "status of backups" reprot

Vijaya_lakshmi
Level 3

Hi,

how many days does it set  keep logs?
Keep logs: 28 days

I trigged a job & it is showing in bperror -all -U and i can see it is updating the latest backups.

but still from the netbackup window facing the issue with the status of backups

Note: Other all backup servers are fine with the same version & same GUI.

Please advice

ontherocks
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Are you selecting correct date/time range ?

RamNagalla

I am not sure what else can be suggested without looking into the system..

please proceed to create a support case..may be they can take remote access and have a look to find the issue..

Vijaya_lakshmi
Level 3

yes selected correct date/time range

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can you see jobs running in Activity Monitor?

What does bpbdbjobs output look like?

Can you show us output of 'ls -l' in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/error folder?

What does 'All Log Entries' report show for all clients for las day or two?

holzertehnic
Not applicable

Are you selecting correct date/time range ?

jcrowley
Level 2
Employee Certified

Did you ever find a resolution to this?

Thanks

Joe

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Cannot be too much of an issues as the OP stopped responding almost 2 months ago....

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hmm - oddly, one of the Advs TSEs contacted me yesterday via IM for exactly this issue ...

Wonder if the OP has logged a call ....

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

One of my biggest bugbears!