cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage server already exists - illegal duplication status 242 when configuring tape library

emdlove
Level 4

Hi, I would greatly appreciate some assistance. 

I have an existing storage unit  "robot-tld-4" with new drives installed in it.  The chassis was replaced so new serial number etc..  I need to delete this storage unit , rescan and start over hopefully the wizard will not detect the same robot number.  

I did not remove it prior to the chassis being replaced and now it picks up the existing robot and fails because it already exist.  Everything I've read points to MSDP.

Thank you so much!! 

Esther

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
Storage server and tape storage are like 2 separate entities.. no relation..

If the illegal duplication error message is for the storage unit then its probably just that there is some storage unit in the configuration which already exists with the older name in Nbu config..

now you mentioned that you tried deleting the robot and then did a complete reconfiguration of devices in nbu.. storage unit does not really have any kind of reference to any serial number or anything.. simply double click on the older storage unit and change the density and the media server and select the newly configured robot number on the storage unit and you are good to go..

you simply need to change the storage unit manually to point to the new robot number or then delete the existing one and nbu would be able to add the new storage unit..

Looking at the naming convention of the storage units you have highlighted its clearly the default names picked up by the configuration wizard in nbu

View solution in original post

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
2 REPLIES 2

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
Storage server and tape storage are like 2 separate entities.. no relation..

If the illegal duplication error message is for the storage unit then its probably just that there is some storage unit in the configuration which already exists with the older name in Nbu config..

now you mentioned that you tried deleting the robot and then did a complete reconfiguration of devices in nbu.. storage unit does not really have any kind of reference to any serial number or anything.. simply double click on the older storage unit and change the density and the media server and select the newly configured robot number on the storage unit and you are good to go..

you simply need to change the storage unit manually to point to the new robot number or then delete the existing one and nbu would be able to add the new storage unit..

Looking at the naming convention of the storage units you have highlighted its clearly the default names picked up by the configuration wizard in nbu

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified