cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StorageTek L40 tape robot not seen .

kmorras
Not applicable
I installed a new netbackup Ent. Server (5.1) at IBM rs6000 p520 series (AIX 5.2), attached to STK L40 tape robot with 2 Quantum SDLT drivers.

The drives are seen, but the robot is not!, the wizard only detect "stand alone" drivers and never see the library

Any help would be much appreciated!!! Armando.
3 REPLIES 3

Jeffrey_Redingt
Level 5
I am not familiar with AIX but on Solaris I would run an sgscan to see what scsi devices are seen by the OS. I assume there is a similar utility for AIX.

Banu_SAHIN
Level 3
Be sure that your library controller is connected to AIX via SCSI cable. Does your L40 configured like daisy chain? Are you using single SCSI card?
regards.

Emin.

Stumpr2
Level 6
The installation has several steps and requires some OS entries for the passthru drivers etc.

There are step-by-step instructions in the manual starting on page 30. The manual is on the installation CD under a folder called docs. If you do not have access to the installation CD then you can download the adobe acrobat (pdf) file from the VERITAS Software website. Here is the information and the hyperlink.

NetBackup Media Manager Device Configuration Guide for UNIX and Windows

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/268089.pdfMessage was edited by:
Bob Stump