Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Requirement

Possible
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Folks,

I have one customer who want to place a script which looks for <8> , <16> in the error log.

If that is caught in log it will generate message to him.

Probelm is ; in successful backup job some times <16> or <8> can be seen.

How to distinuguish  between successful backup job logs and failed job. (Consider bpbkar logs here without verbosity).

I suggested him for bp_end_notify, opscentre, cron job for failures but he is not ready for tht...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

i am sure his requierment is not going to work.. soon he will come back with spaming the mail box and lots of possiblities to over look the original errors.

and also about the unified logs , they does not have the <8> , <16>.

you just need to make him understand this...bp_end_notify, opscentre, cron job for failures is the better options.. and also write the script againist the bperror log to get the errors

if your costomer is not going to listion. just get him to write a script.. let him have that Junk 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

i am sure his requierment is not going to work.. soon he will come back with spaming the mail box and lots of possiblities to over look the original errors.

and also about the unified logs , they does not have the <8> , <16>.

you just need to make him understand this...bp_end_notify, opscentre, cron job for failures is the better options.. and also write the script againist the bperror log to get the errors

if your costomer is not going to listion. just get him to write a script.. let him have that Junk 

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Much better to use bpdbjobs to look for failed jobs and script that. Or just use Opscenter to mail out reports.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Another suggestion : use 'Backup Status report':

bperror -backstat -hoursago 24 -U