cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problem with email notifications

MickBoosh
Level 5

Hi,

Having just migrated our new master server to new hardware, I came to setup the email notifications. I installed blat and adjusted nbmail.cmd. The notifications are coming through, but it's who are receiving them are my problem. It's sending them to a consultant who orginally setup our netbackup environment years and years ago. For the life of me I can't work out where it is configured to send mail to him. I've obviously looked in Host Properties --> Master Servers --> [master server] --> global settings and universal settings. I've checked on the media servers also. Is there somewhere else it's getting the recipients from? It's also sending out 'zero' and 'nonzero' notifications at the moment.

Thanks for any ideas

NBU 7.5.0.3 Windows 2008 R2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MickBoosh
Level 5

I have figured it out, there where some clients that had the consultants email address in for alerts about that specific client's jobs. It turns out we didn't have email notifications setup properley before we migrated.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified

Can you confirm that you are getting e-mails for all clients and for each backup that is ran and completed?  Are you getting e-mails for catalog backups?

The following document could point you in the right direction.

Check your scripts in <veritas>\netbackup\bin   maybe the backup_exit_notify or backup_notify scripts have the e-mail hard coded.

MickBoosh
Level 5

Yes I'm getting emails for each successful job (status 0) and nonzero jobs, and according to the nbu documents, I should only be getting nonzero as I've only got my address in the Global Attributes settings.

MickBoosh
Level 5

I have figured it out, there where some clients that had the consultants email address in for alerts about that specific client's jobs. It turns out we didn't have email notifications setup properley before we migrated.