cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problems with Mailbox backups in NBU 6.5.1

Mcgauze
Level 2
Partner Certified

After Changing backup software to NBU 6.5.1 at the weekend, though a policy to do individual mailbox backups would be good, but have not been able to get it to work. Have followed the instructions but have had limited results.

I am running 6.5.1a on Windows 2K3 with SP2. This is the master media server and other policies run fine.
The policy is set to  MS-Exchange-Server with no data classification and is backing up to disk staging. The client is set to exchange.

If the backup selection is set to Microsoft exchange mailboxes it completes but it gives me the IS (information store) layout of everybody’s folders but NO emails in there. The entire size of the IS is ~56gb but the activity monitor is reporting it is backing up ~7.2gb.
After changing the selection to an individual users it fails with error 69 (file set)
If it is set to individual users IS I have all the folder structure from the IS and some mails, up to a point then nothing.
I am now unsure as to how to proceed. It’s like there is a file limit or possible an error limit in the background that I don’t know about.

I’ve changed my NBU account as per
https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=21&message.id=39230

even though I could drill into the mail boxes from the policy with the original config, and has had no effect. I presume other people have gotten this to work or there would be a flurry of posts regarding this type of backup.

1 REPLY 1

Mcgauze
Level 2
Partner Certified

I may or may not be getting closer to establishing the issue with the mailbox backup. I see an application error of:

Mapi session "/o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=nbubackup" exceeded the maximum of 250 objects of type "objtMessage".

Nbubackup is the account (service login) the backups are using for the clients.This is after a mailbox backup which only reaches inside the mailbox up to a point and then stops backing up anything further.
Hope this might shed some new light on this.