cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Windows Server 1709 and future semi-annual releases?

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Regarding Windows Server 1709 and the semi-annual release channel:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsserver/2017/10/26/faq-on-windows-server-version-1709-and-...

I'm keen to know what the current and future support plans are and might be for:

Windows Server 1709 - Core - for both Standard and Datacenter

Windows Server 1709 - with Desktop Exprience (if this ever gets created/released) - for both Standard and Datacenter

Does anyone know what the NetBackup Client, and/or NetBackup Server status is now, or might be planned in the future ?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

As far as I can tell, not officially supported... yet - but I am trying to find out if/when, and I will post if/when I find out, if I am allowed to...

...but so far these have tested ok in a lab environment:

- VM style backups using WMI from client NetBackup Client v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Hyper-V cluster to perform a backup of a Windows Server 1709 Core Datacenter virtual machine

- file level style backup of ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES from NetBackup Client v8.1 inside a Windows Server 1709 Core Datacenter VM - and a restore back, and large binary file compared ok.

The new WMI style backup with accelerator and client-side dedupe for a backup of a virtual machibe via NetBackup Client 8.1 (i.e. Enterprise Client) on Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V cluster host... very nice.  Well done Veritas !