cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support to RDX

rccl1017
Level 2

Dear Sir/Madam,

The market is talking about RDX to replace entry level/EOL mid-range level tape drive.  I would like to know about RDX is support by NetBackup now? I am looking forward of Prostor/Imation/Tandberg RDX Library system before decided go for RDX solution.  I cannot find RDX support information by NetBackup.  Please advice.

Thanks,

Raymond

3 REPLIES 3

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

You can treat RDX as same as USB / removable storage.

but Not exactly agree with you -- The market is talking about RDX to replace entry level/EOL mid-range level tape drive. 

Because, What Kind of storage you need to use is depends on What is your business need...

rccl1017
Level 2

I have study some artical talking about RDX can do Virtual Tape Library to simulate Tape drive but use disk performance, right? Because, the data growth is very fast and facing the pressure of longer backup windows problem.  So, i would like to know RDX will be better solution or not? And how to integrate with my current Net back up software to replace physical tape drive & media by RDX.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
RDX is not listed in Hardware Compatibility List, so that RDX is not supported so far. Note that emulation for real library/drive is not supported even if the VTL is listed in HCL. HCL state as follows. 3. The virtual library must be configured with the unique VTL inquiry string as listed. Using the inquiry string to emulate a real library model is not supported even if the real device is supported with NetBackup. It might work with emulation, but is not supported. Do it your own risk if you want to. By the way,why don't you consider Deduplication option ?