cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend scheduling specific clients within a policy

JoeBush
Level 2

I have a request to suspend NetBackup for approximately 30 servers during a period of upgrade on these servers.  These servers exist in various policies with other clients, but I need to suspend only the clients requested.  I would normally suspend the policy for the time period, except there are other servers within the policies.  Is there a command line way to suspend only the servers requested for a specific period of time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Okay.. you dont have that option in netbackup directly..

however you can put the bpclient command in cron to run at the time of schedule start time(next wednesday) 

schedule this command in crontab to run at requier time

bpclient  -client <client name> -update  -offline -onlineat <activate end date>

if you would like to specify with time then you need to use unix time in command line

bpclient -client <client_name> -update -offline -ut -onlineat <unix time stamp>

if client is not added under the bpclient add it now and schedule the above command in corntab

bpclient -client <client_name>  -add

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO104791

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla

you have an option to offline the client till the specific future date

you can use the client offline option and make them offline

GUI---> host properties --> Master server ---> client attributes ---> select specifiy client --> offline untill

you can also do the same using the command bpclient

JoeBush
Level 2

That is true if I want to offline them now until a specific time, but the request is for a future period of time.  As an example, they want the backups disabled (suspended or whatever you want to call it) starting next Wednesday through next Saturday.   I can wait until next Wednesday and then offline them, but it would be nice to be able to issue a command now that will take of it.

RamNagalla

Okay.. you dont have that option in netbackup directly..

however you can put the bpclient command in cron to run at the time of schedule start time(next wednesday) 

schedule this command in crontab to run at requier time

bpclient  -client <client name> -update  -offline -onlineat <activate end date>

if you would like to specify with time then you need to use unix time in command line

bpclient -client <client_name> -update -offline -ut -onlineat <unix time stamp>

if client is not added under the bpclient add it now and schedule the above command in corntab

bpclient -client <client_name>  -add

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO104791

JoeBush
Level 2

Thanks for the info.  That is what I was planning to do, but though it would be nice if there was a "-offlineat time" option as well.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Please remember to mark one of Ram posts as a solution.