cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase backup Library error

Balaji_Subraman
Level 4
Follow up on this post: https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/sybase-backup-not-starting I am now facing the below error:

CT-LIBRARY error:
        ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory control layer error: Requested server name not found.

it seems user switching to sybase admin is not happening.  i am attaching script file. please check and correct me if anything wrong.

4 REPLIES 4

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

This error CT-LIBRARY error:
        ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory control layer error: Requested server name not found.

This issue is caused by the Sybase Open Client being unable to find the database server name. This is typically provided in the Sybase client interfaces file.

Sybase documentation states that the default location of the interfaces file is the directory pointed to by the $SYBASE environment variable. Please ensure that the interfaces file exists in this directory. This interfaces file must also have the proper permissions so that the operating system user running the DataStage job can read this file. For details on the format of the interfaces file, please reference Sybase documentation or consult with your DBA.

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

basic filesystem backup is working for this client (so launched through Standard policy type for some files, and configured with the same storage unit)?

Rgds

Michal

Balaji_Subraman
Level 4

Hello Michal,

Basic file system backup was working fine for the storage unit. even with using same policy manuall backup triggered from sysbase system side is working fine. it correctly used the policy and storage unit. 

problem is only when backup triggered from netbackup console.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If you have modified the script as per https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000095787 can you try to run the script as root from cmd in scripts folder? What is the result? Have you created log folders on the client? Seems we need bphdb log first of all. More logs may be needed such as sybackup and/or dbclient (I do not have access to manuals right now to check). Remember to chmod 777 all log folders after creating them. If you need assistance with looking at logs, please copy them to .txt files ( e.g sdtout.txt) and upload as File attachment(s).