cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Activity Monitor Log File

mrtba
Level 4
Good morning everyone,

Does anybody know where Netbackup 6.5.4 keeps the acitity monitor logs?  The reason I want to know this is so I don't have to manual fill these spreadsheets everyday.  If I could import the file that would be great!  I have heard of netbackup operations manager but I don't have another machine to load that on, and I don't want to slow my backups down.

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
There are no logs. The data is kept in a database under netbackup/db/jobs.
It is unreadable with normal desktop apps.
You can customise the GUI view to display all the columns you want and then simply save it to a text file ScreenHunter_03 Oct. 08 16.17.gif, which can be imported into Excel.

You can also try bpdbjob (as is) or with -most_columns, but you cannot choose which columns.
I find the Activity Monitor export feature the easiest.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rjrumfelt
Level 6
It was posted several days ago, and is very similar to your question

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/wehre-information-source-activity-monotor-and-bpdbjob...

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
There are no logs. The data is kept in a database under netbackup/db/jobs.
It is unreadable with normal desktop apps.
You can customise the GUI view to display all the columns you want and then simply save it to a text file ScreenHunter_03 Oct. 08 16.17.gif, which can be imported into Excel.

You can also try bpdbjob (as is) or with -most_columns, but you cannot choose which columns.
I find the Activity Monitor export feature the easiest.

mrtba
Level 4
Thanks a bunch 2 the both of you I didn't know there was an export feature that is exactly what I was looking for!