cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec NetBackup Data Recovery

nrlhasan
Level 3

Hi,

I AM using Symantec Netbackup 7.5 for backing up data from SAN/NAS storage.

As the my setup is in confiquring mode. i would like to know the Step for restoring by Exiting File Server data onto NAS Storage.

Thanking you ALL in Advance.

Regards,

Noorul Hasan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need to give us more info.

Start by explaining what exactly you need to do.
Restore to SAN (local drive letter) or NAS (network / UNC path)?

Please show us screenshots of every step, starting with selection of source and destination client in BAR, the file selection and then the restore options in the final restore screen. 
Upload screenshots as File Attachments or paste them in a Word doc and then upload as File attachment.

Show us all text in 'View Status' tab of BAR and all text in Details tab of the failed job in Activity Monitor.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne

Have you done successfull backup of File Server? 

Do you know how to use BAR to browse for files/folders and restore?

If so, logon to backup server with domain logon account with write permissions on NAS storage, test access by mapping NAS share as UNC path and see if you can create files/folders.

If this works, specify UNC path as destination.

SAN path is local drive letter. Just ensure sufficient write permission when choosing destination path to restore to.

See:  https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/restore-files-cifs-share-unc-path 

nrlhasan
Level 3
Hi Marianne,

Thanks for your support,But the solution provided by you didnt work for me.

its giving me error " Image Cannot be created".

Thanks,

Noorul Hasan

Marianne

You need to give us more info.

Start by explaining what exactly you need to do.
Restore to SAN (local drive letter) or NAS (network / UNC path)?

Please show us screenshots of every step, starting with selection of source and destination client in BAR, the file selection and then the restore options in the final restore screen. 
Upload screenshots as File Attachments or paste them in a Word doc and then upload as File attachment.

Show us all text in 'View Status' tab of BAR and all text in Details tab of the failed job in Activity Monitor.