Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec NetBackup Environment

amera
Level 2
Partner

Hi;

Currently have a NetBackup 6.5.6 environment that we will be doing a complete hardware refresh for and upgrading to 7.5.  The NetBackup Master and Media servers are currently running on Sun/Oracle SPARC hardware...T5120's.  We are looking to get off Sun/Oracle and move to HP Proliant servers.  Can somebody recommend what model and specs we should be looking at for an environment that currently has approximately 524-600 clients, 1247 policies and approximately 4000 daily jobs.  The total daily volume is 13-15TB and the DB volume is approximately 3.5-4TB.  We are also looking at one full server backup per week rulled to tape weekly and one DB full per day...rolled to tape weekly.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
All of current ProLiant servers will faster than it. Regarding extensions and redundancy, it is better to choice DL380 or higher.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You should purchase 4-core and 8GB-RAM server at least. If you plan to use master server as media server, you should count additional cores and RAMs. http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC4483

amera
Level 2
Partner

Thank you everybody for the responses.  I have my answer and will proceed with my design.