cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synthetic backups don't work

Mindaugas_Lauci
Level 5
Hi,

I'm testing synthetic backup solution and I receive interesting error messages. I created net policy following netbackup admin guide. I created full backup of target server, next day I created Differential backup. All images were written to disk staging unit attached to media server number 2. When I start Synthetic full backup master server tries to connect to media server number 3 and cant connect to it, I see this error message in job log:

XXX YYY PM - Error bptm(pid=2580) synth writer cannot connect to extent reader on host=server3.aaa.local and port=2260, error=No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
XXX YYY PM - Error bpdm(pid=1532) cannot create data socket, 10060

My questions would be:

Why Full Syntchetic backup fails?
Why master server tries to connect to media server number 3 instead number 2?
How I could correct this issue?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6

Is your Policy/schedule pointing to the 2nd Media server Storage unit??

or if you want to use 3rd Media server check whether master server can able to reach the media server, its sound's like network connectivity problem !

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified

I agree with Karthikeyan.

Looks like your Destination Storage Unit is located on your 3rd Media server.  Try changing your destination of your new synthetic full to a different source for troubleshooting purposes.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Guys...I have to think he either solved his problem a long time ago, or he gave up a long time ago.  ;)

Unfortunately, it looks like all the topics before a certain date have all been whacked so that only the first post made it over to Connect, and all their replies have been thrown to the aether.  Here's a very long graphic to show that!

imagebrowser image

Stumpr2
Level 6

Ok, I don't really think anyone is fishing for points. I chalk this 2 year old post up to the confusing new forum layout. :)

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I say NOTHING!  ;)

(It looks like there might be a glitch in the sort order when you sort by "Recent Replies."  I CAN find old threads with replies when I sort by "Recent Posts."  It'll get fixed.)