cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System State restore using command line

RiyasHussain
Level 4

Hi All,

We are working on automation of netbackup 7.6 restoratio of Windows With Sysstate?

Has anyone done this before using command line? If yes please share some idea for reference.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Riyas Hussain A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

did you read the link I provided ?

The link displayed 

bprestore -S server -C client -L d:\temp\ss-restore.log -t 13 -s <start date time> -e <end date time> -w -drs -R d:\temp\renamer.rnf "/Shadow Copy Components/"

But please test, incorrectly used and you destory the server. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Is the client Windows 2012?  I'm not aware of any tech note describing System State recovery for Windows 2012, but you may want to take at this, which mentions that a root cause of an issue was scheduled to be fixed in v7.6 - but also mentions that one ignorable error may still be seen:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH209585.html

@All - has anyone else seen a TN for Windows 2012 System State recovery?

And something related to your question was discussed a while back here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/full-linux-and-windows-restore-without-bmr-option

And attached below is a comparison of two tech notes covering System State restore.  When I look at it, it doesn't look that scriptable to me.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

This is a older thread about Windows 2003, but it seems the task succeed for the user to perform a re-directed restore of shadow copy components

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/bprestore-shadow-copy-components#comment-6461831

You need to test this on a "disposable server".

Jaime_Vazquez
Level 6
Employee

Are you asking to do a recovery of the Windows OS disk and the System State/SCC portions as well or just the System State parts?

If  you mean to do a DR of a failed server, that is where BMR works for you.

RiyasHussain
Level 4

Hi Nicolai,

We are trying to do system state recovery which we can do from GUI using command line. Our scope is only 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012.

Can this be done via command line?

Please help.

Thanks and Regards

Riyas

RiyasHussain
Level 4

Hi Jaime,

We are able to achieve file system recovery using command line (bprestore). But for the same command i dont see any description for system state which can be normally achieved via GUI. Customer wants to achieve this via NBU not BMR. They dont want BMR to come in picture.

Can we use same bprestore comamnd for system state recovey too? Please confirm.

Thanks and Regards

Riyas Hussain A

RiyasHussain
Level 4

Hi Sdo,

We are trying to achieve system state restore that can be done via GUI using command line. The OS where agents will be installed are Windows 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2.

Can this be done using bprestore the same which we use for file system restore?

Version of NBU we using is 7.6.0.1.

Please confirm whether the automatic restoration of system state for windows agent be acheived via command line?

If not do we have any particular reason that can be explained to customer?

Thanks and Regards

Riyas Hussain A

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

did you read the link I provided ?

The link displayed 

bprestore -S server -C client -L d:\temp\ss-restore.log -t 13 -s <start date time> -e <end date time> -w -drs -R d:\temp\renamer.rnf "/Shadow Copy Components/"

But please test, incorrectly used and you destory the server.