cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T200 Spectra Logic Library

PranavB
Level 4

Dear Geeks !

This time i have trouble with T200 spectra logic library configurations. Please see if any of you can provide some insight ,I am fully aware this is not a spectra logic blog but as i will be intergrating it with Netbackup so thought of putting it here.

We will be deploying two spectra logic t200 libraries at our two DC's. One library would be partioned and other will not.

Now as the concept is new for me of tera packs and entry exit ports ,how many e/e ports i should keep for library without partition and for one with.

T200 has maximum capacity of one tera pack which holds ten magzines or media.

I was thinking of keeping 10 E/e slots for library without partition and 20 for with 2 partitions.

Kindly suggest what is the ideal approach for partioning the t200 ? 

Any help would be appretiated.

PranavB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

As per Hardware Compatibility List, Library Partitioning is supported in general unless HCL states as not supported for specific library models.

Number of CAP(Cartridge Access Port) you needed depends on your use case. It is better to prepare number of ports more than number andof tapes you need to operate at a time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

Pranav,

First you need to make sure that this library is supported for logical partitioning.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

As per Hardware Compatibility List, Library Partitioning is supported in general unless HCL states as not supported for specific library models.

Number of CAP(Cartridge Access Port) you needed depends on your use case. It is better to prepare number of ports more than number andof tapes you need to operate at a time.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

i have trouble with T200 spectra logic library configurations.

You have not given any information about your environment, such as:

Was any sizing done before deciding on library purchase?

Will you be adding and ejecting tapes on a daily basis?

How many tapes are getting written per day that will need to be ejected and replaced in each environment?

Your tape vendor should be able to assist you in this regard.