cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIL - Storing Filters in Activity Monitor

Genericus
   VIP   

Today I learned I can store filters in the Activity Monitor window!

Did you know you can store your commonly used filters (Activty Monitor only)?

Top right side under Login Activity is a funnel and a down arrow triangle - that down arrow triangle opens up a small window that allows you to store your commonly used filters.

I have 13 of these, to see specific jobs, or to select "media in use" or multiple attempts
There is a current bug on NDMP backups with multiple attempts - store a filter that selects that host name with more than one attempt
Select only status > 1 and NE 150 to see failures

I only wish this was available in other views, I could use this in the media section!

You can export them to a file, so you can import them when you upgrade - because you lose them!

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS
3 REPLIES 3

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
Yep, it's a pretty awesome feature. I'm still hoping someday they'll include a dynamic variable for whatever the current timestamp is. For example, "Status >1, $CURRENTTIME - 12 hours" kind of thing. Maybe someday. =)

Genericus
   VIP   

I just checked, and they do offer NOW, so for example "start time after NOW-24" only shows last 24 hours jobs

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
Sweet, obviously I'll have to revisit what options are available to us currently. Time to make up some more filters... =)