cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIR backup issue.

BVshet
Level 5

Hi Team,

We have a server Win 2003 being backedup using NBU 7.1.0.3 and master server (Win 2008 )version of NBU is also same.

We had error like TIR info file missing backup everything in the drive so I followed http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH84583 and renamed the old files and ran a full backup.

But now that full backup has completed I cannot see the full bkp related TIR file it still created an INCR related file with procee in the end. ex : <directory>\netbackup_file_info.new.<policyname>.processnumber 

Kindly help.

Regrads,

Bharat Shet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jaime_Vazquez
Level 6
Employee

Please open a support case for this issue. I am a support back line engineer working several customers with this exact issue.

Ahead of the next backup, ensure you set the VERBOSE level of the bpbkar process on the client to a higher level for submission to support. It will most likely show an error like this:

<16> dtcp_read: TCP - failure: recv socket (360) (TCP 10054: Connection reset by peer)

When reporting this matter, inform the supprot engineer assisting you that it is related to ETRACK 3324630.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jaime_Vazquez
Level 6
Employee

Please open a support case for this issue. I am a support back line engineer working several customers with this exact issue.

Ahead of the next backup, ensure you set the VERBOSE level of the bpbkar process on the client to a higher level for submission to support. It will most likely show an error like this:

<16> dtcp_read: TCP - failure: recv socket (360) (TCP 10054: Connection reset by peer)

When reporting this matter, inform the supprot engineer assisting you that it is related to ETRACK 3324630.

Jaime_Vazquez
Level 6
Employee

BVshet:  Do you have an update for this matter at this time?  Did you open a support case and if so, what is the case number? I have been investigating this type of error for a while.

Jaime_Vazquez
Level 6
Employee

Based on new informatiopn, perform the following:

Set Resilient Network property on the Master and include the failing client in that list.