cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape Ejection on stand alone drive - turn off?

Bruce_Clegg
Level 5

We keep our Library in the secure room. - in order to get to the library it takes 2 engineers, getting through three locked doors and a locked cabinet - some of the door have biometric screening devices and/or old style scramble pads to  get through.  Getting to the library is possible - but it isn't always easy.

We have a standalone drive in the same cabinet as the library - it is connected to the media server, along with the library.  The standalone is an older model - able to read LTO4 tapes from our old platform.  The 'regular' library can't read tapes that old. 

Every so often we are requried to demonstrate that we can access data from the old tapes.  The tape with the catalog from the old platform was accidentally misplaced or destroyed.  So in order to access data from the old platform I need to put a tape in the standalone drive and perform the 2 step import - which works fine, except...

After phase one the tape ejects.  I need to round up another engineer and go through the locked doors/cabinets etc to go push the tape back in for phase two.

I believe I heard once that there is a touch file, or some other mechanism that can be set up to stop the tape from ejecting - I looked through the managing drives section of the admin guide - but didn't see anything (I may have missed it)

Is there a way I can get the standalone drive not to automaticallly eject when it finishes a job?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Check this setting in EMM database:

nbemmcmd -listsettings -machinename <server-name> |grep -i standalone
DISABLE_STANDALONE_DRIVE_EXTENSIONS="no"
DO_NOT_EJECT_STANDALONE="no"

To change:

nbemmcmd -changesetting -do_not_eject_standalone yes -machinename <server-name>

View solution in original post