cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape Media Drive Not Complete Found

Bezoes_Lam
Level 3
i'm using Sun OS, NBD 4.5 Fp 3 and i have 24 tape drives, when i scan using sun os command i can found my 6 tape drives, check in /dev/rmt/*, but when i sgscan tape i just only found 5 tape drives. i lost drive 2nd. any body can help. this is because of changing zoning. first zoning media zoned in the drive 0. second zoning, media drive zoned to drive 12th.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Did you try reconfiguration of sg driver as documented in ther section of "Configuring SG and ST Drivers", Media Manager System Administorator's Guide? If not, try it first.
I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Did you try reconfiguration of sg driver as documented in ther section of "Configuring SG and ST Drivers", Media Manager System Administorator's Guide? If not, try it first.
I hope this helps.

James_Lehman
Level 2
I have seen this with SUN branded qlogic HBAs. Try to run cfgadm -al. The tapes may show up as unconfigured. If so run cfgadm -configure c# to reconfigure the card. I think there is a SUN patch that resolves this but I don't have the info right now.

Matthew_Shearer
Level 4
We had an issue like this. What we did was stop all netbackup processes, run cfgadm -al, so you can determine where the drives are connected, then cfgadm -o force_update -c unconfigure , then while it was unconfigured ran a devfsadm -Cv, then ran cfgadm -o force_update -c configure , then reran sgscan and it picked up all of the drives, if that does not work you can also try rebuilding your sg and st files like was mentioned before.