cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape drive - restart mode

lovethatcheese
Level 5

Hi all,

I have a tape drive in 'restart' mode. I restarted services on media / master, made sure it was plugged in locally to the media server, and power cycled the tape drive itself. Are there other options I should look into? I remember some type of tape drive wizard, but cannot recall the 'how' in getting there, etc.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

RESTART well be seen in vmoprcmd output, along side a media server.

What should resolve the issue is restarting ltid on the media servers that indicate RESTART, which may be multiple machines.

Before doing this, with no jobs running it might be worth running nbrbutil -resetall to release any reservations.

I don't think you need to worry about the wizard, that would be for reconfiguring the devices, but there is no indication at the moment that this is required. 

View solution in original post

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

As mph999 mentioned restart ltid. For furture reference TECH31149 gives the drive status field descriptions for drives, like restart: 

RESTART
The control mode for a shared drive may not be the same on all hosts sharing the drive. This status indicates that ltid needs to be restarted. To determine what server need to be restarted, right-click the drive in the device monitor and select up. This will tell you what servers that ltid needs to be restarted.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

RESTART well be seen in vmoprcmd output, along side a media server.

What should resolve the issue is restarting ltid on the media servers that indicate RESTART, which may be multiple machines.

Before doing this, with no jobs running it might be worth running nbrbutil -resetall to release any reservations.

I don't think you need to worry about the wizard, that would be for reconfiguring the devices, but there is no indication at the moment that this is required. 

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

As mph999 mentioned restart ltid. For furture reference TECH31149 gives the drive status field descriptions for drives, like restart: 

RESTART
The control mode for a shared drive may not be the same on all hosts sharing the drive. This status indicates that ltid needs to be restarted. To determine what server need to be restarted, right-click the drive in the device monitor and select up. This will tell you what servers that ltid needs to be restarted.