cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tapes need to be migrated into the new catalog

Prem108
Level 3

Hello

There are two netbackup master servers in our environment. One is with 6.5.3 referrred as old master server and another one is with 7.6.0.1 referred as new master server.

We have recently migrated from old master server  to new master server.  We have about 30 tapes that need to be migrated into the new catalog ( 30 tapeswhich were used in the old master server

May I  know the steps that need to be followed?

Let me know if you need any other info

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please mark a Solution (or Request split solution) if your query has been answered.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If only 30 tapes I'd probably just import them.

Here is a guide that should answer your questions.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH72429

RiaanBadenhorst

Please define "migrated". What Martin has suggested is the easiest as its not a lot.

Prem108
Level 3

Hello MPH99,

I need to know the same steps can be used for 7.6.0.1 ( new master server) from 6.5.3 ( old master server) ?

Thanks

Prem108

Marianne
Level 6

When you add these 30 tapes to the library, best to write-protect them. 

If you have a barcode rule that moves tapes automatically to Scratch or another backup pool, please move them to a (new) pool that is not used for backups.
These steps will ensure that tapes are not immediately 'grabbed' for backups before they can be imported.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Yes, the steps are the same.

Marianne
Level 6

I am wondering if your other post: Media Issue has anything to do with this query?

PS:
Please always select NBU version and Master/media server OS when starting a new discussion.

Prem108
Level 3

Regarding "Tapes need to be migrated into the new catalog", this work is being taken care by another set of team.

anyway thanks for your help

Thanks

Prem108

Marianne
Level 6

Please mark a Solution (or Request split solution) if your query has been answered.