cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tapes required for a restore

Manfred_Krebs
Level 2
Hello,

Is there a way to find out what tapes are required for a restore without actually running the restore job?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
bpimagelist -client $name -hoursago 24 -l

...and the 9th field of the FRAG line identifies the tape.

Instead of "hoursago" you could use a combination of:
    -d mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss         to specify start date range, i.e. since
    -e mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss         to specify end of date range, i.e. before

N.B. the dates and times must be specified in full.

Message Edited by sdw303 on 08-07-200711:01 AM

Wes_T__Gator
Level 5
You can also go through the motions of selecting the source and destination, date range, file or files to be restored, then click the Preview button.  It will tell you what tapes you will need for the restore without actually performing the restore.

Clayton_Walter
Level 4
Another really easy way to check the tapes required for a restore if you are using the NetBackup Administration Console is to use the "Preview Media Required for Restore" function in the Backup, Archive, and Restore console.  It's on the left hand toolbar, third icon up from the bottom.

DavidParker
Level 6
Just FYI:  The 'Preview' button in the Backup, Archive & Restore window is only available on the Java Console interface.  It is not available on the Windows version of the program.

EDIT:  They may have changed this in 6.0, but in 5.x, there is no Preview button in the Windows version of the BA&R program.

Message Edited by David Parker on 08-07-200711:20 AM

Manfred_Krebs
Level 2
Thanks for you help guys!

Clayton_Walter
Level 4
The preview function that I mentioned IS available under Windows Server 2003 with NB6.0 MP4.

DavidParker
Level 6
Good to hear they added it in for 6.0 ...

Those of us on 5.x are still p1mped though, I guess.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
this can also help:

Get medias for a restore

bpimagelist -U -client CLIENT -d 11/25/2006 -e 11/25/2006 -policy POLNAME -media

Get Image Name

bpimagelist -L -client CLIENT -d 11/25/2006 -e 11/25/2006 -policy POLNAME

Regards

Stumpr2
Level 6
Using the command line:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimmedia -L -client <client name> -d <start date mm/dd/yyyy> -e  <end date mm/dd/yyyy> -t <schedule type>

The command output will identify which media were used per backupid/copy/fragment.