cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Targeted AIR with nbstl

khangt
Level 3
I’m trying to use the command line to automate Targeted AIR, but I have been unsuccessful at creating an SLP that uses the “target_master” and “target_importslp” options. I’m able to create the SLP from the GUI, but the command line is giving me an error. Here is the error: [root@vm-cronet-nbu1 admincmd]# ./nbstl test1 -add -dc silver -uf 0,3 -residence 10.98.33.69_khangt_bp9_1466550833IP,__NA__ -source 0,1 -target_master __NA__,vm-cronet-nbu2.rtp.test -target_importslp __NA__,10.98.33.217_khangt_bp9_1466550833IP_SLP_IMPORT Exit status: 227(no entity was found) Here is the output from the command line log: 19:38:56.211 [11783.11783] <16> ValidateTargetParameters: GetTargetImportSLPs status= 227, nSLPs= 0 19:38:56.212 [11783.11783] <16> ValidateTargetParameters: No import SLPs exist on specified target master server: vm-cronet-nbu2.rtp.test 19:38:56.212 [11783.11783] <16> nbstl: ValidateTargetParameters status: 227 19:40:26.516 [12028] <4> nbsvrgrp: emmserver_name = vm-cronet-nbu1.rtp.test 19:40:26.516 [12028] <4> nbsvrgrp: emmserver_port = 1556 19:40:26.557 [12028] <4> nbsvrgrp: EMM returned EMM_ERROR_SQLNoDataFound, continuing 19:40:26.557 [12028] <16> nbsvrgrp: no entity was found Here is the display of the SLP created successfully from the GUI: [root@vm-cronet-nbu1 admincmd]# ./nbstl test1 -L Name: test1 Data Classification: Silver Duplication Job Priority: 0 State: active Version: 0 Operation 1 Use for: 0 (backup) Storage: 10.98.33.69_khangt_bp9_1466550833IP Volume Pool: (none specified) Server Group: (none specified) Retention Type: 0 (Fixed) Retention Level: 1 (2 weeks) Alternate Read Server: (none specified) Preserve Multiplexing: false Enable Automatic Remote Import: true State: active Source: 0 (client) Operation ID: (none specified) Operation Index: 1 Window Name: -- Window Close Option: -- Deferred Duplication: no Operation 2 Use for: 3 (replication to remote master) Storage: *Remote*Master*:10.98.33.217_khangt_bp9_1466550833IP_SLP_IMPORT Volume Pool: (none specified) Server Group: (none specified) Retention Type: 0 (Fixed) Retention Level: 1 (2 weeks) Alternate Read Server: (none specified) Preserve Multiplexing: false Enable Automatic Remote Import: false State: active Source: Operation 1 (backup:10.98.33.69_khangt_bp9_1466550833IP) Operation ID: (none specified) Operation Index: 2 Target Master Server: vm-cronet-nbu2.rtp.test Target Import SLP: 10.98.33.217_khangt_bp9_1466550833IP_SLP_IMPORT Source Volume(Server:Type:Volume): "10.98.33.69:DataDomain:khangt_su9_1466550833" --> Target Volume: "10.98.33.217:DataDomain:khangt_su9_1466550833" Window Name: Default_24x7_Window Window Close Option: SFN Deferred Duplication: no I’m neither missing a step in the command line procedure or it is not working. I have checked the documentation and googled the issue, but have not found anything that helps.
9 REPLIES 9

watsons
Level 6

I don't quite understand so please clarify:

1) You can add the SLP in GUI, then you want to modify it by command line - why don't you use GUI? 

2) When you have added this new SLP in GUI, your command to modify should be "nbstl test1 -modify" , but you're using "-add". Why is that? You want to add a new policy?

3) This vm-cronet-nbu1 , is it your source or target master server?  If it's your source, it should be replication host, not import host

NOTE:  If you have the following in your setting (do a "bpgetconfig" to see), you really don't need to manually create the import SLP in your target. This setting automatically create that for you.

SLP.AUTO_CREATE_IMPORT_SLP = 1

khangt
Level 3

1) You can add the SLP in GUI, then you want to modify it by command line - why don't you use GUI? 

>>> I'm trying to automate the add with the command line.  I don't want to use the GUI.

2) When you have added this new SLP in GUI, your command to modify should be "nbstl test1 -modify" , but you're using "-add". Why is that? You want to add a new policy?

>>> I was trying to say that i CAN'T do the add with the command line, but CAN add with the GUI.  I was show the results of the GUI just to show that I had everything else configured correctly.

3) This vm-cronet-nbu1 , is it your source or target master server?  If it's your source, it should be replication host, not import host

>>> vm-cronet-nbu1 is the source, vm-cronet-nbu2 is the target.  I'm not sure what option you are refering to?  vm-cronet-nbu2 is the target so it's the import host and vm-coronet-nbu1 is the source/replication host?  do I have it backwards?

khangt
Level 3

Forgot this part:

NOTE:  If you have the following in your setting (do a "bpgetconfig" to see), you really don't need to manually create the import SLP in your target. This setting automatically create that for you.

SLP.AUTO_CREATE_IMPORT_SLP = 1

>>> I'm trying to do Targeted AIR, so i want to specify which target master server and SLP i want to use.  I don't want the auto generated one.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
This may be the key: 19:38:56.212 [11783.11783] <16> ValidateTargetParameters: No import SLPs exist on specified target master server: vm-cronet-nbu2.rtp.test ...in this case you appear to need the import SLP to already exist.

khangt
Level 3

The import SLP was created and does exist because the GUI can retreive it and add it to the SLP.  The problem is the GUI uses a different way to retreive the import SLP.

sdo
NetBackup clearly thinks that the import SLP does not exist. How was the import SLP created? Via CLI too on the other master? If so, pls show the command for that too.

sdo
NetBackup clearly thinks that the import SLP does not exist. How was the import SLP created? Via CLI too on the other master? If so, pls show the command for that too.

sdo

khangt
Level 3

I got some help from support, they found that there was a problem with the "-dc" option.  So, I took the option out of my SLPs and was able to get both SLPs created with nbstl.