Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Help

zaadss
Level 3
Hi,

Reg NetBackup Critical Technical issues,
Apart from Symantec's Telephonic,Mail and Forum help,is there any kind of help in which we can get a immediate reply for our queries???

Is there any kind of chat option with Symantec or directly speaking with a Symantic person immedialtely for critical problems?

If any other method available,plz do mention.

Regards,
Zaad
9 REPLIES 9

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
you can contact symantec technical support through phone and you have to mention severity as Critical, you will get a call from support guy as soon.

i think its not possible as like normal chat for support. i know its possbile in norton antivirus support.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Consider joining the Auburn email forum veritas-bu as it has members around the globe and you usually get some response in a short time. Here is a link to get you started.
http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu

Taqadus_Rehman
Level 6
 BOB I have joined the mainman forum, i m receaving emails on daily basis, how i can search any specific issue etc...

zaadss
Level 3
Tats the reason I have unsubscribed from it.....Hope there is a way to search only for our specific issue....

Regards,
Zaad

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified
I've created a separate gmail account for the Auburn mailling list.  I like using gmail because it automatically organizes the threads for you.  The searching ability is great too.

Stumpr2
Level 6

You can subscribe to it and turn the receiving of mail on/off as needed. Set it up to receive a single journal of the days postings, whatever.  It is all on the webpage for the link I provided in my first post.

As far as searching the archives? This is displayed at the top of the webpage:

This list is for the discussion of backup related
products such as NetBackup and Legacy Seagate
software backup products as produced by Veritas.
There may be some possible overlap of the HSM
product line with the veritas-vx list.

To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Veritas-bu Archives.

Search the archives here

FrSchind
Level 5
Partner
You can call the support hotline and ask for the duty manager - he should be able to get you some technical assistance for your critical problems

Stumpr2
Level 6
Sometimes I have called our sales representative. They usually have a pretty knowledgable NetBackup consultant at their beck and call. And if their consultant has problems then.......

They know how to start some internal fires :)