cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Query Error

kp-
Level 4

I keep getting: Read Operation failed, nbu status = 1, severity = 2. 

I get this on most test querys when trying to create a policy. Is this an error on my part, or something the matter with the server?

My query that I'm testing:

vmware:/?filter=Displayname IsSet  AND Template Equal TRUE

Search and can't find that error message. Also see this error in the logs/wingui folder.

NBU Master Server is 7.5.0.7, local disk storage... What other info do you need?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

As according to TECH212606, it looks like the VM environment VMware environment may contain duplicate hostnames or display names

As stated in the solution, please try nbdiscover with the same query that returns the error, find duplicate primary VM identifier in the output and remove the duplicate.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

As according to TECH212606, it looks like the VM environment VMware environment may contain duplicate hostnames or display names

As stated in the solution, please try nbdiscover with the same query that returns the error, find duplicate primary VM identifier in the output and remove the duplicate.

kp-
Level 4

SymTerry,

Thank you for the article link. I dont understand how this can be true though. How can a displayname or hostname be valid when vSphere wont let you have a duplicate? Maybe I'm being too basic when creating a policy? Can you expand on this some more or point me in the right direction in the manuel?

Thanks!!

kp-
Level 4

Found this to be helpful; http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH212606

Resolved by setting Primary VM identifier = VM Instance UUID

Thanks. :)